‘Sensitive skin’ generally describes skin with reduced tolerance to cosmetics and personal care products.
Sensitive - A true ‘sensitive skin’ condition is caused by a genetic predisposition
Sensitised – ‘Sensitised’ skin is a reflection of your environment, lifestyle and physiology
Skin reflects inner health as well as the care it is given, so it is important to look after it from the inside and the outside! For optimum sensitive skin health and gentle care:
- Drink lots of water to help flush away toxins and rehydrate.
- Avoid excess caffeine & alcohol, as both are very dehydrating.
- Eat lots of nutrient rich vegetables, especially green, chlorophyll-rich, leafy vegetables (for acne sufferers) and Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids.
- Manage your stress. Stress can make your skin more sensitive as your immune system is compromised.
- Smoking damages collagen and elastin fibres, contributing to wrinkles and decreased circulation, making the skin look dull and lifeless.
- Minimise sun damage risk by wearing a large hat and protective clothing.
- Always remove makeup before going to sleep. Gently cleanse your skin every night to allow it to breathe and renew.
- Treat your skin with love and care. Be gentle - cleanse gently, pat it dry (no harsh rubbing and stretching), nourish and protect it daily.
- We recommend our Sensitive Skin range to cleanse, tone, moisturise and protect sensitive skin - clinically proven to reduce redness and provide daily nourishment without irritation. Click here to see the range.
Particularly for sensitive skin, we recommend patch testing on inner arm area, then under chin, each for 24 hours, prior to using any skincare product on your face.