Give your skins natural infection-fighting process a helping hand with 100% Pure Manuka Oil, nature’s potent skin protector. Used by Living Nature as a hero ingredient for over 30 years, this powerful oil helps to combat skin irritation and infections, protecting skin from bacteria and promoting overall immune health.
What makes Manuka Oil so special?
The strength of its antimicrobial effect is what makes this oil so special (works to kill or slow the spread of microorganisms). Sustainably sourced from the leaves, branches, and flowers of the New Zealand native Manuka tree, Manuka Oil has long been recognised for its powerful antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Found in the Te Araroa region of the East Cape of New Zealand, studies have shown Manuka Oil to be up to 33% stronger than Tea Tree Oil against some bacteria.
For centuries, New Zealand Maori have used Manuka Oil to treat everything from rheumatism and fevers to burns and skin disorders. At Living Nature, we began infusing this remarkable oil into our skincare products over 30 years ago, harnessing its unique healing properties.
How can you use 100% Pure Manuka Oil?
Active and highly potent, Living Nature’s 100% Pure Manuka Oil is an essential addition to any household and first aid kit. This versatile oil can be used directly or diluted to assist with a variety of conditions.
- Living Nature’s 100% Pure Manuka Oil can be used as an air purifier by adding 1 - 2 drops to beeswax or water in an essential oil diffuser.
- For a natural hand sanitiser, add 1 - 2 drops to your hand cream or directly onto hands after washing with soap and water.
- For blemishes and acne prone skin, Manuka Oil is an effective spot treatment. Simply drop 1-2 drops of Manuka oil onto a cotton tip and apply twice daily to the affected area.
- Relax and soothe tired muscles by adding 5 drops to warm bath water.
In addition to being available from Living Nature in a 10ml bottle as 100% Pure Manuka Oil, this powerful oil is also used in a wide range of Living Nature’s certified natural skincare and cosmetics. Used in skin care, Manuka Oil helps to balance and protect skin from bacteria and promote overall skin health. Living Nature skincare products which harness the power of Manuka Oil include Vitalising Cleanser, Nourishing Day Cream, Deep Cleansing Mask, and Manuka Honey Gel. It is also a key ingredient in Living Nature’s certified natural makeup, used in our Thickening Mascara, Tinted Moisturiser, Foundation and Concealers to promote healthy skin.
Find out more about Manuka Oil and its naturally potent properties here.
Manuka vs Tea Tree Oil
- Cooke, A. and Cooke, M.D. (1994). An Investigation into the Antimicrobial Properties of Manuka and Kanuka oil. Cawthron Report 263 pp24.
- Institute of Pharmaceutical / Biology and Hygiene Institute, University of Heidelberg, Germany Hospital of the University of Zurich, Switzerland. (2013). Independent Test Comparisons of New Zealand Manuka vs Australian Tea Tree Essential Oils.