Nature's super antioxidant, Totarol is 3 times stronger than Vitamin E, and a potent force to neutralise free radicals linked to skin ageing.
Totarol is a compound from the heartwood of the Totara tree, and makes the wood extremely resistant to decay due to its antimicrobial and potent anti-oxidant activity. The compound is extracted from recycled Totara using supercritical solvent-free extraction, so no trees are felled for its harvesting.
The Totara tree is a giant of the New Zealand forest. It's a member of the ancient Gondwanaland group of plants collectively known as Podocarps, which evolved during the Jurassic age some 135-195 million years ago. The resistance of the Totara wood to decay meant it was used extensively by New Zealand's early European settlers for the wharf pilings and fence posts that now provide the raw material for Totarol extraction.
Totaral is utilised in Living Nature products such as Rich Day Cream and Nourishing Night Cream to protect against oxidative stress and free radicals which break down skin cells, and for its powerful antimicrobial properties.
Source / Harvest
- Sourced only from high quality recycled Totara wood and bark
- No live trees are felled to produce Totarol
- Critically extracted from old recycled bark and wood
- Bark and wood
- Potent anti-oxidant activity - helping to destroy free radicals, which contribute to the ageing process
- 3 times strong than Vitamin E as an anti-oxidant
- Very effective against acne-causing bacteria
Click here to find out more