Honey for acne? Not just good to eat, from the nectar of the native New Zealand Manuka flowers, Active Manuka Honey is a miracle beauty and skincare ingredient.
Manuka Honey Gel, Balancing Conditioner, Balancing Day Lotion, Balancing Night Gel, Balancing Shampoo, Deep Cleansing Mask, Extra Hydrating Toning Gel, Firming Eye Cream, Firming Flax Serum, Hydrating Gel Mask, Hydrating Toning Gel, Lip Balm, Manuka Honey Gel, Natural Being Range, Nourishing Body Wash, Nourishing Day Cream, Nourishing Hand Cream, Nourishing Night Cream, Purifying Cleanser, Rich Day Cream, Refreshing Body Lotion, Ultra Nourishing Mask, Ultra Rich Body Cream, Vitalising Cleanser, Concealer Light/Medium, Illuminating Foundation Dawn/Day/Evening Glow, Lip Hydrator, Mascara Jet Black/Blackened Brown, Tinted Moisturiser Day/Dawn/Evening Light, For Men Range.
A natural antimicrobial, the power of honey to stimulate wound healing and promote healthy skin is well documented and scientifically proven. It is extensively used on the skin in hospitals for its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and to stimulate the immune system, providing nutrients for cell metabolism and rapid tissue repair. It naturally contains acids, which aid in the clearing of dead skin cells and in the prevention and healing of acne.
The nutrients, vitamins, amino acids and minerals in Active Manuka Honey give it special qualities. The bioactivity of Manuka Honey, referred to as the unique Manuka factor (UMF), is associated with the strong antimicrobial activity of this honey against the bacteria E. coli and Staph. aureus, major sources of skin and wound infections.
It works as a humectant, drawing moisture into the skin, and the unique properties of Active Manuka Honey make it one of the most biologically active and beneficial honeys for the skin. It's perfect to enhance your skin's renewal process.
It's used to firm and soothe, help repair cell damage and reduce acne scarring, to protect and deeply nourish. And since it's safe to eat, you know you can put it on your skin.
Source / Harvesting
- Manuka Honey is sourced from local Northland bees
- The honey is centrifuged out of the honeycomb in Northland, New Zealand by a medical-grade honey supplier.
- Honey, created by bees from the nectar of Manuka flowers
- Antimicrobial and biologically active qualities
- Humectant, helping to maintain moisture in the skin
Scientifically and medical proven to
- Accelerate skin healing
- Remove harmful bacteria and sterilise infections
- Stimulate new healthy skin growth
- Lower incidence of disfiguring scars including acne scars
Extensive research on the bioactive components of honey confirms it as a respectable therapeutic agent. The reasons Manuka Honey is particularly good as a wound healer, specifically on acne, is due to the following:
- Honey provides a protective barrier which prevent cross-infection.
- Honey draws fluid out from the tissue & creases a moist, optimum healing environment.
- Epithelial cells grow level with the skin surface, resulting in no pitting or scarring.
- Creates ‘drainage’ away from the infection removing bacterial contaminants.
- Natural lactic acid within the honey, together with natural hydrogen perioxide – helps to stimulate new cell repair and growth.
- Strong anti-inflammatory.
- Strong anti-oxidant to help fight free radical damage.
- Glucose, fructose, lactic acid, vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin
Click here to find out more