Skin care tips for sensitive skin
An estimated 50% of women and 30% of men suffer from sensitive skin, and it’s on the increase. The use of synthetic ingredients and fragrances used in many popular skincare and makeup brands has often been the cause of many of these sensitive skin issues.
While switching to gentle, natural skincare products to care for your sensitive skin is very important, so too is adopting some lifestyle habits that are guaranteed to benefit your skin.
- Skin reflects inner health so it’s important to look after it from the inside too. Drink lots of water to help flush away toxins and rehydrate. Drinking water with lemon has amazing health and beauty benefits, detoxifying and beautifying the skin from within.
- Avoid excess caffeine and alcohol, which dehydrate the skin.
- Eat lots of nutrient rich vegetables, especially green, chlorophyll-rich, leafy vegetables and Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids – great for acne sufferers. Foods rich with Vitamin C and E are beneficial for the skin as they serve as excellent antioxidants.
- Manage your stress. Stress can make your skin more sensitive as your immune system is compromised.
- Smoking damages collagen and elastin fibres, contributing to wrinkles and decreased circulation, making the skin look dull and lifeless.
- Minimise sun damage risk by wearing a large hat and protective clothing. Choose a fragrance-free, natural sunscreen to keep your sensitive skin protected, but keep in mind that the higher the SPF, the higher the concentration of sun-filtering chemicals, which may trigger allergic skin reactions.
- Always remove makeup before going to sleep. Gently cleanse your skin every night to allow it to breathe and renew.
- Treat your skin with love and care. Be gentle - cleanse gently, pat it dry (no harsh rubbing and stretching), nourish and protect it daily.
We recommend keeping your skin care regime simple in both process and ingredients. Our Sensitive Range is free of fragrance and allergens and contains only the purest, gentlest certified natural ingredients, including Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Harakeke Flax Extract and Avocado Oil. Simple, yet effective.
See our full Sensitive Skin range here : http://www.livingnature.com/collections/sensitive-skin
Throughout August, when you purchase a Sensitive Night Moisture ($38), you will get a Sensitive Day Moisture for FREE!! Saving $38!
Leave a Reply